skip to content »

Accommodating services

If you have any questions about the memo or any part of the DSS system and process, don’t hesitate to reach out to your coordinator.

accommodating services-65accommodating services-54accommodating services-85accommodating services-23

It is additional cost to the patient and may not be covered by their dental insurance.If a student believes he/she requires a reasonable accommodation or has a question regarding educational services, activities, programs, or facilities that are accessible to or usable by students with disabilities, please contact the academic counselor in Academic Support Services who has responsibility for students with learning challenges.All information associated with a disclosure of this nature is confidential, and the College will communicate this information to others only on a need-to-know basis.Federal law requires that instructors make reasonable academic adjustments to accommodate the needs of students with disabilities to provide equal educational access and avoid discrimination.In providing an academic adjustment, the University does not have to eliminate or lower essential requirements, make modifications that would result in a fundamental alteration of programs or activities or impose an undue burden on the institution.The Office of Disability Services (ODS) works diligenty provide advice and counsel on disability-related issues on campus regarding reasonable accommodations, roles and responsibilities, assistive technology, campus resources, and accommodation information.

Faculty and Staff are encouraged to contact ODS at anytime.

Services for Students with Vision and Hearing Impairments Assistance can be provided in locating note takers, readers, and interpreters through the DSS office.

Please be sure to allow DSS sufficient time to make necessary arrangements.

All disabilities must be documented on the specified housing forms found on our website by a licensed and board certified provider with the expertise in the area of diagnosis.

‘Please note that providing the university with medical or support information does not guarantee a recommendation of a special housing accommodation request.

If you need to request adjustments to previously made accommodations, contact the Student Disability Services or your Area Dean of Students.